[geeks] FYI: CompUSA is offering OS X 10.5 for $99 (after rebate)

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Oct 30 12:24:37 CDT 2007

On Oct 30, 2007, at 12:02 PM, der Mouse wrote:

>> Or, of course, we could quit "wetting our pants over te'rists" (and
>> everything else)[0] and start working on just plain general emergency
>> preparedness that's applicable to ANY kind of emergency.
>
> It might also help if you were to stop being such an A-hole to the
> rest
> of the world as to generate te'rist-producing sentiment to begin with.

That's bullshit.

Yes, we do things which are stupid, but so does everyone else.  Those
things might make the problem worse, but they are hardly the cause of
it.

Islamic terrorism is as old as Islam itself.

Modern terrorism is fairly young, starting in the 1600s, and the US
got involved when the terrorists first started attacking us in the
1700s, hitting our commercial shipping in the Mediterranean Sea.  We
didn't cause that, it happened because the islamic people believed
that they had a right to attack and steal from anyone who wasn't
islamic.

Their "sentiments" are entirely their own creation and fault.

Europe's answer at the time was to try and pay them off, but it only
allowed them to buy better weapons, and increase the next ransom.
History repeats.

Thomas Jefferson sent a fleet to North Africa to deal with the
problem with some success.

To say that terrorism is caused by or is the fault of the victim is
just a load of crap, because islamic terrorists attacked America long
before America even had the ability to get involved in mid-east affairs.

NOTE: None of this means I agree with our foreign policy or that I
think we have no complicity, but it is complete and utter *BULLSHIT*
to say that terrorism is caused by our actions.

> But I suppose that'd be too much.  Because you're Teh Best, so anyone
> who doesn't want your exported culture or whatever must obviously be
> Misguided and need to be Corrected.

I could say the same of Europe or the UK, which frequently exported
its culture by force of arms.

Is there a point?

--
Shannon Hendrix