[geeks] FYI: CompUSA is offering OS X 10.5 for $99 (after rebate)

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Tue Oct 30 10:54:59 CDT 2007

Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> [0] Which, right now, should be concentrated on border security, if
>      we're really supposed to be wetting our pants over te'rists invading
>      our country and blowing the place up.

Or, of course, we could quit "wetting our pants over te'rists" (and
everything else)[0] and start working on just plain general emergency
preparedness that's applicable to ANY kind of emergency.  Because
terrorists, while often foolhardy, aren't stupid, and aren't going to
carry out an attack form that we've spent four years and two billion
dollars putting in place protective measures against, when they could
instead hit something that's totally unprotected because the movie-plot
planners in the Department of Fatherland Insecurity haven't thought of
it yet.

[0] Firing the professional pants-wetters would be a good move, too.
All of them.  Including 90% of Congress.

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.