[geeks] FYI: CompUSA is offering OS X 10.5 for $99 (after rebate)

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Oct 29 22:54:54 CDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 10:18:32PM -0400, Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> What do you think about someone like Ron Paul?  He's on the
> republican ticket, but he's a pretty solid libertarian.

He's a xenophobic twit who has collected every nut in the U.S. behind him.

Obviously you have not been following the news, the "9/11 truthers",
anti-war whatevers, American White People's Party (neo-Nazi),
etc, have rallied behind him.

> If he could get elected, maybe it would make people think about it a
> little more.

What scares me, is if he resigns his seat to run for President,
hopefully for which  he never gets a mention, he'll go back to
practicing medicine.

> Of course, people don't like him because he doesn't promise them
> largess like the rest of the candidates.

No, what he promises is a disaster in foreign policy, a disater
in domestic policy and if he were elected, the people on this
list would put up against the wall, right after the marketing
department of the Cyrius Cybernetic Corporation.

> Oh, another change we need: split the national ticket so that
> president and vice president run on separate tickets.
>
> It wasn't that long ago that American had split parties in the White
> House.

Look at the problems with a split house/senate and president have
caused. The U.S. is in the early stages of a depression that will
end up like Germany in the 1930's. Have you seen the value of the
dollar on international markets? Oil was $85 a barrel a few days
ago.

While there have been many forclosures over the last summer in the
poor parts of the U.S., wait until all of those sub-prime mortgages
(almost all of them are adjustable rate) adjust to current rates.

My prediction is  that if a Republican gets elected in 2008, then
they will go to 15% and if a Democrat gets elected, 21% like in
the Carter days. I'll go even further. If Ron Paul gets elected,
mortgages will go down to 5% because the Saudi's are prohibited
from charging "excessive" interest, but they will own your ass.

Bush had the lowest "approval rating" of any president, and now
Congress's and the Senate's is even lower.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838