[geeks] FYI: CompUSA is offering OS X 10.5 for $99 (after rebate)

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Oct 28 15:08:37 CDT 2007

On Oct 28, 2007, at 10:45 AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

>> What is the point of being a major corporation if you can't drive the
> competition out of existance? ;^)

...which is a good reason to radically change what it means to be a
major corporation.  They didn't always have this much power, and we
certainly don't need them to.

Business that is cooperative and beneficial will still make plenty of
people wealthy, and do so with less collateral damage.

> The latest thing thing that drives me nuts is the "Organic Farm
> Subsidy"
> program my local U.S. Representative is spear-heading - it goes
> like this:

The irony of organic farming is that all farming is organic.  But
leaving that aside, the other irony is that some "organic" farms grow
worse stuff than the commercial farms.

It's almost 99% hype.  There may really be organic farms out there,
but mostly it has become a marketing game now.  Kind of like dollar
stores and flea markets, that now sell mostly stuff manufactured
specifically for them, rather than them selling truly good deals.

> Organic is good for you, but it costs more to grow, so the federal
> government
> wants to subsidise the farmers of organic goods by taking money from
> *everyone* in the country...

I'm still waiting to get me a job not growing corn... :)

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com