[geeks] FYI: CompUSA is offering OS X 10.5 for $99 (after rebate)

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Oct 26 16:59:35 CDT 2007

" From: Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com>
"
" Sandwich Maker wrote:
" > i remember that.  wally world figures people will be pulled in, then
" > drop lotsa cash around the store.  they're also trying it with
" > groceries, and i'm glad to hear they're getting skunked - folks are
" > getting in, getting the cheap food, then getting out.
" >
" That's not surprising to me, groceries and gasoline must be the most
" competitive items in the American market.  People are fanatical about
" saving a nickel on milk and eggs, or a penny or two on a gallon of gas,
" and will drive all over town to do it.  Personally, I don't get it, save
" a nickel per gallon on gas, and even to fill my tank, that only
" translates to $1.  Convenience is worth a dollar to me.

true, but it's amazing sometimes how lazy folks can be.  there's a
convenience mart a block from my house that sells stuff like milk, but
just the other side of the river - a distance i can -walk- in less
than 10m, and that includes the crosswalk - there's a major
supermarket that has the same milk for half the price.

there's a drugstore next to the convenience mart, and another one in
the -same-chain- next to the supermkt.  and they're both big; one used
to be a car dealer.