[geeks] FYI: CompUSA is offering OS X 10.5 for $99 (after rebate)

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Oct 25 15:45:52 CDT 2007

On Oct 25, 2007, at 11:47 AM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 10:54:02AM -0400, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> CompUSA stores are disappearing?
>
> Yeah, more than half of them closed over the past year.

Interesting.  Didn't know that.

I guess the lemmings have stopped falling for the high prices?

I wonder if this could help the old computer stores start appearing
again?

Places like CompUSA drove them out of business before.

Locally something similar happened with seafood in the last 2 years.

About 20 years ago, big seafood chains destroyed the local small
restaurants.

Now the chains have mostly died, and the little ones are coming back.

Same for pizza.  Dominos and the other big one in the 80s killed all
of the mom-n-pop pizzerias, and now the little shops are popping up
again all over the place.

Could people be learning?

--
Shannon Hendrix