[geeks] AAPL > IBM

N. Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 14:19:42 CDT 2007

On Oct 23, 2007, at 12:33 PM, Jonathan Katz wrote:

> On 10/23/07, Mark <md.benson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Apologies - non of the Nano's have replaceable batteries - both
>> previous gens are soldrered.
>

> Sorry for the inaccuracy about the soldered batteries; my main
> point is that
> for the average user cracking an iPod case and replacing a battery
> isn't
> that simple a task; it's easier for them to go get a new one after
> a few
> years. We're above the bell curve so our anecdotes don't quite
> count as much
> ;)

At least some of the Nano's have non-soldered batteries, there are
people selling replacements with the plugs, as you can find here:

<http://www.suntekstore.com/apple-ipod-nano-replacement-battery-with-
tools---330-mah.html>

Given that USA Today writes to a 6th grade level, obviously I'm not
going to vouch for the capabilities of the majority of humans being
able to replace a battery that requires cracking open the case.  But
really, who of these sheeple are likely to complain anyway, other
than the Apple haters?

=Nadine=