[geeks] Cheap Octocore

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Oct 23 23:13:46 CDT 2007

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007, Dan Sikorski wrote:

> Besides, why single out Dell on this practice?  I've heard from multiple
> sources:  "Nobody pays list price for (Sun/Cisco/HP) gear"

And IBM and Fujitsu; they're the worst about it.  They won't even tell
you a fake price if they don't think you're worth their time.  Or
sometimes they -will- tell you a made-up price, like when IBM quoted me
$20k for one (1) 2.4GHz Xeon uniprocessor server with 4GB memory and 2TB
disk a month ago.

I -hate- that sort of suitly crap.  If selling product is such a damned
chore, close up shop!

--
Jonathan Patschke     )  "So far, 99% of illegal activity has been caused
Elgin, TX            (    by criminals."