[geeks] Apple applications phoning home

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Oct 23 14:44:48 CDT 2007

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007, der Mouse wrote:

>>> That should not be able to crash the kernel [...]
>> Kernel modules interact with the Kernel, if a Kernel module goes
>> wrong it usually brings the Kernel down too.
>
> Oh, if you're talking about third-party provided kernel modules, then
> yeah, it's understandable.  I thought you were talking about
> third-party devices interacting with OS-provided drivers.

As far as I know, he is talking about the Apple-supplied mass-storage
IOKit drivers.  They're needlessly fragile in the area of hot-plugging,
but they have been getting steadily better.

--
Jonathan Patschke     )  "So far, 99% of illegal activity has been caused
Elgin, TX            (    by criminals."