[geeks] QUESTION: MacOS window managemnt

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Oct 21 11:32:01 CDT 2007

Hopefully someone here knows the answer to this one.

Several times when using various programs on my Mac, especially
something like iDVD, I'm unable to minimize the application when it
gets busy.

Is this normal?

I'm hoping it isn't and I can do something about it, because it is
one of my huge gripes about Windows: the fact that the window
management is not separate from the application.

Do Mac apps have to do their own management like in Windows?

Or can it be like X where the windows can always be worked with even
when the application is not able to respond?

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com