[geeks] Animal Abuse redux

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Fri Oct 19 18:04:36 CDT 2007

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:32:59 -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Jonathan Katz wrote:
> > This made me :-(
> >
> > http://www.theginblog.com/2007/10/artist-chains-up-dog-until-it-dies-is-this-art-or-animal-abuse/
>
> Seems to have been slashdotted.  On the basis of the headline aline,
> the no-brainer answer is "DUH!  Animal abuse!"

Personally I think it's both art and animal abuse. That way you can
avoid all the tedious "Is it art?" arguments and concentrate on the
important part ... dragging that artist off to gaol.

> The things that people pass off as "art" these days make me want to
> spit sometimes.  Especially "performance art".

I used to feel that way, but decided not to worry about it ... "ok so
it's art; shit art". In fact attacking the quality is probably a better
way of attacking the 'artist' than questioning whether it is art or
not ... those in the art world who believe in the equivalent of "I
disagree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to
say it" won't be spurred into action.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 This signature has been rot13-encrypted twice, reading it is illegal