[geeks] Animal Abuse redux

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Oct 19 15:38:14 CDT 2007

" From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
"
" Phil Stracchino wrote:
" >> This made me :-(
" >>
" >> http://www.theginblog.com/2007/10/artist-chains-up-dog-until-it-dies-is-this-art-or-animal-abuse/

misleading headline.  why can't it be both?  it may or may not be art
but there's no question about the abuse.

" > Seems to have been slashdotted.  On the basis of the headline aline, the
" > no-brainer answer is "DUH!  Animal abuse!"
" >
" > The things that people pass off as "art" these days make me want to spit
" > sometimes.  Especially "performance art".
"
" I would have tried to feed and water the dog.  If the artist had tried
" to stop me, I would have informed him that I was about to put a bullet
" in him.  If he persisted, I'd have kneecapped him.

i think i would have invited him to participate in a bit of
performance art involving a whip with spikes, intended to highlight
the artistic merit of the screams of performance artists...  i'm sure
that with his background he'd be thrilled and eager to be the
screamer.