[geeks] Low-priced Solaris x86 video card (AGP)?

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 10:17:06 CDT 2007

On 10/12/07, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Came across this low-priced AGP video card [0] - a $13 nVidia Quadra NVS280. This card was the mid-range video card on the original Ultra 20 (Operton) machine [1] and should be well-supported for a while.

It is roughly equivalent to a quadro  FX330 or Geforce 5300. Not a bad
price and it does OpenGL1.3. Plus dual monitor but through DMS-59.
NVS285 is dual DVI but I dont think it was ever made in AGP.

> I offer this tidbit in case anyone was looking for a good, supported video card for an x86 Solaris box build...

I think that's basically it with AGP quadro, unless you can find an
FX4000 with 2x dual link DVI.

Else, it's GeForce.

Francois