[geeks] Hosting - 600GB disk - 6000GB transfer - $8 - Catch?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Oct 11 21:31:24 CDT 2007

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> This is why, honestly, I want to find a new line of work outside of IT.

Making the crossover from systems management to software development is
the best thing that's happened to me in recent memory.

My family and non-techie friends will never understand how this job that
involves sitting in front of a computer all day doing geek stuff is any
different from my previous job that involved sitting in front of a
computer all day doing geek stuff, but it is.  IT is a dead end that
pays fairly well, but will burn you out, run you over, and wee on your
early grave.

Now, when my phone rings at 3am, I know it's something important, and
not just another "wahhhhh, the app server fell over" call.

--
Jonathan Patschke     )  "So far, 99% of illegal activity has been caused
Elgin, TX            (    by criminals."