[geeks] Apple software: the stuff you "gotta have"

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Oct 9 23:54:23 CDT 2007

On Oct 9, 2007, at 6:24 PM, Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> 	- a good backup program that can use CD and DVD media
> 	- ditto but one that can use remote systems and/or CIFS servers, can
> 	  be the same program if it does media and server backup both
> 	- a program to index my documents (text files, PDFs, word processor
> files,
> 	  etc) and possibly also organize them into neat directory trees

Aside from Basket and Amarok, what programs do you use for the other
tasks on linux?

> 	- zterm: for all of my serial terminal needs, works great so far

I hate not just using kermit like I usually did on Linux or Irix, but
I can't seem to get it working nicely on OS X, although at the moment
I no longer recall the exact problem, so I should probably not say
anything.