[geeks] "Facebook isn't the internet, dipshit."

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Oct 9 22:26:22 CDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 09:07:11PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> Ohhh, the pain!  I just worked on a project that started out as "hey, we
> want a newsertainment site to post articles that subliminally push
> $product" and somehow mutated into the above.  Thankfully, they ran out
> of funding -after- they'd paid-to-current and I'd cashed the checks.
> The only other difference was that they couldn't wait six months.  They
> thought I was being difficult when I said that it'd be unreasonable to
> create something like that in four -weeks-.

This was the project I just mentioned in an earlier message. 8-)  I
worked on it until the 18-hour days put me in the hospital, then
Jonathan rode it through to completion.

Did I mention that the project in question didnt really even start
*development* until the second week of December, and they wanted a
fully-polished "web portal" to advertise $product by 12/31?

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas