[geeks] unbuntu server edgy eft 64 problem

Chad McAuley chizad at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 16:25:03 CDT 2007

On 10/3/07, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:
> Without flattening the box and starting over?
>
> I think your problem is that the CD-ROM is included in the repository listing, and you > need to comment it out - this link might help:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Ubuntu
>
> Check item number 6.1 titled "disabling the CD-ROM repository" or something         > similar...

Or, since I'm assuming Francios doesn't have a usable desktop yet (and
those instructions only cover making change wtih Synaptic, the GUI
front end to apt), he'll edit /etc/apt/sources.list and comment out
the "deb cdrom:" lines, which should be at the beginning of the file.
After that you'll need to run 'aptitude update' before doing anything
else to get apt to realize that the CD-ROM repository is gone.