[geeks] unbuntu server edgy eft 64 problem

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 3 14:57:32 CDT 2007

>From: Francois Dion <francois.dion at gmail.com>
>Date: 2007/10/03 Wed PM 02:44:52 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [geeks] unbuntu server edgy eft 64 problem

>I have this box with ubuntu server edgy eft release amd64. Trying to
>get a desktop, and the deps are messed up. I tried aptitude install
>ubuntu-desktop, but I get a bazillion errors. It offers a solution
>with a score of -3041 :(
>
>so I accept, then I say I want to continue, then I get a stupid "media
>change: please insert the disc labeled ubuntu-server 6.10 _edgy eft_ -
>release amd64 in the drive /cdrom. Of course I dont have it. I cant
>get around this.
>
>How do I recover from this mess?

Without flattening the box and starting over?

I think your problem is that the CD-ROM is included in the repository listing, and you need to comment it out - this link might help:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Ubuntu

Check item number 6.1 titled "disabling the CD-ROM repository" or something similar...

Lionel