[geeks] Google Images Facial Recognition!

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Thu May 31 21:14:51 CDT 2007

Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, Gary Goddard wrote:
>
>> But i did get a nice (preprinted) note from them after getting back
>> from my recent trip to the US which explained that they decided to
>> remove the padlock from my bag (with bolt cutters) and have a damn
>> good root around in my used underwear and socks for security reasons
>> (not a job I envy them). Better not say anything else as they have my
>> photo and fingerprints and i don't want to spend a spell in room 101.
>
> While moving through the "security" line at the airport, emptying my
> pockets, removing my boots, and so-forth, I couldn't help but stand in
> awe.  We'd gone from being one of the first peoples strong enough and
> brave enough to throw off the British to being terrified of shoes and
> coins and bottles of Coca-Cola.
>
> And then I was truly sad.

I'll drink to that.  We can cry in our beer together.

I actually don't think the majority of the American people are
frightened of terrorists.  Most of the ones I know of are angry and
determined.  But Congress is terrified, wetting its pants and trying to
hide in the corner.

--
 It's not the years, it's the mileage.
 Phil Stracchino              phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220                Mobile: 603-320-5438