[geeks] Google Images Facial Recognition!

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu May 31 20:41:01 CDT 2007

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, Gary Goddard wrote:

> But i did get a nice (preprinted) note from them after getting back
> from my recent trip to the US which explained that they decided to
> remove the padlock from my bag (with bolt cutters) and have a damn
> good root around in my used underwear and socks for security reasons
> (not a job I envy them). Better not say anything else as they have my
> photo and fingerprints and i don't want to spend a spell in room 101.

While moving through the "security" line at the airport, emptying my
pockets, removing my boots, and so-forth, I couldn't help but stand in
awe.  We'd gone from being one of the first peoples strong enough and
brave enough to throw off the British to being terrified of shoes and
coins and bottles of Coca-Cola.

And then I was truly sad.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "If we keep our pride, though paradise is lost, we
Elgin, TX        (   will pay the price, but we cannot count the cost."