[geeks] Microsoft Surface...

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Thu May 31 19:00:16 CDT 2007

Mark wrote:
> On 31 May 2007, at 17:47, Sandwich Maker wrote:
>
>> " From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>> "
>> "
>> " Even today, in 2007, when the PC has *NO* need for legacy
>> hardware, Microsoft
>> " forces it to because they refuse to rewrite their PC HAL to run
>> without it.
>>
>> that's probably because they don't know how to rewrite it.	;^D
>
> Hey, we've all been there at one time or another - they probably
> forgot ot comment a huge part of it or something due to time
> constraints ;)

We might imagine the scene as a coder at MS World HQ is opening up the
source code for that chunk.

They page down.  And down.  "Why did they ... what was he thinking?"
Page some more, read

#ID10T translate function

or

# Will comment this at a later date

And it's _all_ like that.  You'll find the poor guy at a bar later,
drinking heavily.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

GMT -6
this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Meaningful Work or Death.
Any other form of existence doesn't interest me.

Hugh Macleod