[geeks] Microsoft Surface...

Mike Murphy mrm at mole.org
Thu May 31 12:33:57 CDT 2007

On May 31, 2007, at 5:19 AM, Patrick wrote:

>The Gary Kildalll CPM/QDOS ripoff.

>Let me know when to stop.

>--Patrick

Well, leave out the CPM rip-off. MS did no worse that GK did when he ripped
off PS/8, OS/8, RT/11, DOS/15 and for that matter even the PDP/8 4K DMS. PIP
wasn't his thought. I'm not sure where DEC folks might have come up with the
idea. Nevermind. Thanks to Wikipedia, I once again remember or think I do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peripheral_Interchange_Program

We each build on the work of others. It's polite to acknowledge that, though,
and MS is not very good at acknowledgement. Then again, maybe they do believe
that they invented electricity, who knows? Are they predatory? Sure.
Honorable? Your call.

--Mike