[geeks] Microsoft Surface...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed May 30 19:32:13 CDT 2007

>From: Mark <md.benson at gmail.com>
>Date: 2007/05/30 Wed PM 06:03:00 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [geeks] Microsoft Surface...

>Has anyone else seen this:
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/surface/
>
>I was pretty blown away by it but I'm aware it could be partially
>hype. Still as a concept it's pretty damned impressive, especially as
>it came out of Microsoft!

On a "Home" show a few years ago I saw what I would call the reverse of this system - it was shown for use in a kitchen, it was an overhead projector pointed down on the counter, and a camera was pointed at the counter as well - you moved icons on the "countertop" with your hands (acting as pointers), and a projection keyboard was available for typing. The idea/selling point was that it could be used in any kitchen, had "zero" footp print, and was immune from splashes/spills...[0]

Lionel

[0] http://www.microsoft.com/canada/home/styleandhome/2.3.27_thedigitalhomecookinginthehightechkitchen.aspx (photo about halfway down the page)