[geeks] Intel Mac Mini - Horrible USB2 drive performance

William Kirkland bill.kirkland at gmail.com
Sun May 27 09:54:12 CDT 2007

Have you tested each drive independently from the other? That is, have
you measured the performance of copying a file from one usb to local
disk, then from the local disk to the other usb connected disk? if so,
what sort of results did you get?

What about other usb connected devices? can you remove all but the
disk(s) in question? (I believe you should keep your keyboard and
mouse ...) remove network connections as well?