[geeks] SCSI drives for Ultra 2

Ido Dubrawsky idubraws at dubrawsky.org
Fri May 25 10:20:19 CDT 2007

In the process of upgrading my Ultra 2 and re-installing it with Solaris
10 I have a couple of Seagate ST39103LCSUN drives (9.1GB 10,000 RPMs).
I know they work I was just wondering if they throw off so much heat
that it will cause problems later down the road.  Anyone have experience
with these (or other 10K RPM drives) in an Ultra 2?  I have some similar
WC drives (7200 RPMs) but I want to try and improve the performance of
this little guy.  It's going to be the internal mail/DNS/web server in
the home network.

Ido

Ido Dubrawsky, CISSP
Network Security Architect