[geeks] bootstrapping and Apple IIe over serial link

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon May 14 14:31:31 CDT 2007

There has to be a way...

I need to bootstrap and Apple IIe over a serial link.

You can use ADTPro to do this, but it requires Java and graphics, and
the UNIX machines I have with serial ports are headless.

The basic scheme is to hook an Apple SuperSerial card to a host machine,
and the host sends ROM monitor commands to load DOS or ProDOS, and
boot the machine.

Alternately you can transfer ADT to the Apple II and use it to write a
floppy disk from a disk image stored on the host.

Does anyone know of a way to do this without ADTPro?

It seems to me it just just send ROM monitor commands and hex code to
the Apple.

Alternately... could someone send me a 5.25" floppy with DOS and/or
ProDOS and ADT already installed?

--
shannon           | It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way