[geeks] Mensa

Aaron Finley aaronfinley at gmail.com
Sat May 12 17:56:13 CDT 2007

> I hate schools. The students that succeed are good at memorization and
> social/personal relationships. "Smart" has nothing to do with it. A
> college degree means you can do what you are told and get along well
> with everyone.

I'm not replying specifically to you, but in general to these kinds of
attack on education and to the people that say the SAT only measures
"test-taking ability". I think these kinds of replies are pathetic
excuses for low scores and low social intelligence. Since when it was
not "smart" to be able to make beneficial relationships, to know how
to play the system, to know how to manipulate instructors, to know how
to do the least work possible, and to obtain the most accurate results
in the shortest amount of time?

If you get a 1000 on the SAT, and your friend gets a 1500 in half the
time it took you to get a 1000, then you could say "oh, he's just good
at taking tests" but really...

-- Aaron