[geeks] WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT OVER

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Fri May 11 23:44:33 CDT 2007

Aaron Finley wrote:
>>> It's only a counter, not a sensor, so just pull it out and put it back
>>> in again. You'll feel great when it reads 100%.
>> Is there more to the transfer kit than just the transfer belt assembly
>> with the green handles on either side, then?  Because it tells me to
>> remove and replace that every time I have to clear a paper jam.  Doing
>> so does not reset any counter that I'm aware of.
>
> There's a way to reset it in the menus. If you follow the procedures
> to replace it through the menu system, it will reset the counter. In
> any case, the worse that will happen is that it will begin flashing
> TRANSFER KIT LOW or whatnot, you'll hit the ? key, take it out, put it
> back in, and all will be fine.

It's giving me TRANSFER KIT LOW now.  It's not prompting for replacement
yet, though, just "order a new C4196A".  I don't see any replacement
function in the menu map; I'm guessing it won't start offering that
until it calculates it's exhausted.  (Probably not an item you want to
replace prematurely.)

> Not to mention that I have plenty of them as well, if you decide to
> send me a list of what you want/need.

Well, as far as I knew up until this morning, we were good on everything
but toner.  (I just had to drop in a new yellow toner, which we knew was
low, and picked up a new black as well since it's been telling me I
should order a new black toner cartridge, but black wasn't showing low
yet and still isn't.)  Drum's still at 44%, fuser's at 60%.

Then again, until this morning, the transfer kit was reporting 49%....
so who knows?

So, any extra supplies you'd care to send over would certainly be
welcome.  I believe you made the offer at one point of a complete set of
consumables, should we get a 4500.  We'd certainly owe you a favor when
needed.

Oh yeah, more proof that the HP we knew is dead:  No support at all,
PERIOD, even via email, for a barely-five-year-old printer...?

--
 It's not the years, it's the mileage.
 Phil Stracchino              phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220                Mobile: 603-320-5438