[geeks] WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT OVER

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Fri May 11 18:02:21 CDT 2007

Aaron Finley wrote:
> On 5/11/07, Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net> wrote:
>> Exactly 69 pages ago, a configuration page printed off the LJ4500 showed
>> transfer kit at 49%, fuser at 60%, drum at 46%.  Today, it jammed on an
>> envelope.  After clearing the jam, suddenly it's reporting the transfer
>> kit at 5%.
>
> It's only a counter, not a sensor, so just pull it out and put it back
> in again. You'll feel great when it reads 100%.

Is there more to the transfer kit than just the transfer belt assembly
with the green handles on either side, then?  Because it tells me to
remove and replace that every time I have to clear a paper jam.  Doing
so does not reset any counter that I'm aware of.

(Well, except for earlier today when it reset from 49% to 5%.)

--
 It's not the years, it's the mileage.
 Phil Stracchino              phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220                Mobile: 603-320-5438