[geeks] A very d'oh! moment

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Fri May 11 14:24:21 CDT 2007

On 11 May 2007, at 02:13, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Bill Bradford wrote:
>
>> As I went to unplug the old power supply's motherboard connector,
>> I noticed
>> that I'd plugged it in off-by-one when I reassembled the system after
>> dusting it out and reseating everything.
>
> Not to worry, I wish that was the worst thing I'd ever done.  I've
> got a more
> than 1 spare part in my cabinet from the same kind of thing.
>
> Anyone who's had an Apple II before, and some of those small cards
> only the
> size of the connector... well... they'll go in both ways.

Oddly enough, so do some Amiga Zorro cards, and also Amiga clockports
usually bring a huge amount of guestwork into plugging stuff into
*them*, because they carry +5V and don't have a Pin 1 (it's a long
story). Luckily (knock on wood) I haven't killed anything of mine so
far Amiga-wise.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: