[geeks] Advertising status bar in I.E.

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Thu May 10 13:40:57 CDT 2007

On 5/9/07, Michael Parson <mparson at bl.org> wrote:
> Would getting her admin access get her fired?
>
> The Offline NT Passwd & Registry Editor[0] works great.  It is available
> stand alone on their site, or as part of the even better Ultimate Boot
> CD[1] (which can be stuck on a USB stick too, great use for those 128M &
> 256M USB thumbdrives).
>
> --
> Michael Parson
> mparson at bl.org
>

> [0] http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html
> [1] http://ultimatebootcd.com/

There is another site (can dig for the link if you can't get it out of
google) where you can upload a sam dump and they will find the passwd
for free in 24 or 48 hours.  If you want to shell out a couple of
bucks they will do it faster.

I did this back at $job-2 when I wanted to dual-boot my 'doze laptop
that had been ridiculously locked down by IT (I mean, sheesh, I had
the root passwords to the e-commerce servers and they had a BIOS
password on my 'doze box? WTF? SOX compliance my a$$).  And yes, my
boss knew.  I also cracked open the laptop to take out the battery to
nuke that BIOS password.  Sometimes you just have to run over the
idiots in IT with a 'dozer.

=Nadine=