[geeks] Advertising status bar in I.E.

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Wed May 9 11:00:30 CDT 2007

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 01:42:19PM +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My wife has a problem at work. Their computer technician does not
> know the difference between a virus and spyware.
>
> Their support contract ends with the school year, so they are
> sending someone a few days a week because they have to, he's
> a warm body at the worst, and not very experienced at best.
>

> She is running Windows XP (SP2) and I.E. 6. She has run Adaware and
> Windows Defender.
>
> She does not have administrator access, so she can't go into safe
> mode.

Would getting her admin access get her fired?

The Offline NT Passwd & Registry Editor[0] works great.  It is available
stand alone on their site, or as part of the even better Ultimate Boot
CD[1] (which can be stuck on a USB stick too, great use for those 128M &
256M USB thumbdrives).

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org