[geeks] Diagnostics for cars, need same for computers

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed May 9 15:28:10 CDT 2007

>From: Michael Vergallen <mvergall at telenet.be>
>Date: 2007/05/09 Wed PM 02:59:05 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Diagnostics for cars, need same for computers

>Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> http://www.picotech.com/auto/diagnostic_dice.html
>>
>> Diagnostic system for auto mechanics.
>>
>> We need one for programming, system administration, and management.
>>

>LOL, that would be a great idea ... :-) also add one for tech support ...

Reminds me, in a strange way, of Brian Eno's Oblique Strategies card deck[0]
- I first heard about them in an article about either Talking Heads or U2 and
their sessions with Brian Eno (I think it was David Byrne/Talking Heads, but
not positive)... The idea was that when you are stuck and needed inspiration,
you would pick a random card out of the deck and go where that took you...

Lionel

[0] http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/place-nireland/A635528

Or, for your Mac "desktop" - http://www.guyd2.com/widget/oblique/index.html