[geeks] Virtual Colocation

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Mon May 7 03:50:47 CDT 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 02:12:14PM -0400, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Has anyone ever had a virtual-colocation setup?  I've been thinking of
> picking one up for my personal use and I was wondering what you think.

I've been with Linode[1] for just over two years and I'm very happy with them.
Support has been good, as has system performance and bandwidth, and they
offer free VM upgrades several times a year (disk space and RAM). Their
Terms of Service are also pretty lenient - for example, they don't mind if
customers run IRC clients, which some other providers prohibit.

Pricing is pretty much the same as PANIX, but, as they're UML based, they
don't offer anything but Linux. They have a Xen trial, but it's not
generally rolled out yet and is still Linux-only.

[1] http://www.linode.com/

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/