[geeks] The Dog's Breakfast: Microsoft Windows Vista

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Sun May 6 16:20:48 CDT 2007

On Sun, 6 May 2007 10:28:01 -0700, Mike Murphy wrote:
> I wonder if Vista may be
> the force that snaps usage to Linux. It wouldn't make me sad at all.

In another place where I hang out, there's been quite a few comments by
ordinary power users and even Microsofties that indicate a high level
of unhappiness about Vista* and comments roughly 90% in favour of
sticking with XP and 10% interested in making the great leap to Linux.

I remember there was some minor complaints about the 2K->XP switch, but
nothing on this scale. Something about Vista is really annoying people;
not that I would know anything about why.

*: Have I told the story yet about how I found my name listed on work's
   project list next to "Vista" and nearly had a heart attack before I
   realised they meant webct vista ?

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
  A: Because top quoting results in an unnatural ordering of text.