[geeks] good online hosting company

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 27 11:36:41 CDT 2007

>From: "Kevin R. Marshall" <kevin at mpcf.com>
>Date: 2007/03/27 Tue AM 10:45:33 CDT
>To: geeks at sunhelp.org
>Subject: [geeks] good online hosting company

>I'm looking for a reputable hosting company that provides a good web based email solution (< 100 users).
>
>My uncle's company email system is a mess and for his situation, off-site hosting makes the best sense.  They would be retaining the email on the server and using the web interface exclusively.
>
>Preferably something that runs linux and we could add an apache/mysql/php system to at a later date for another project.
>
>If anyone has any suggestions, i'd be happy to hear them.

I've just started with them, but I'm happy with DreamHost.com - I got 2 years of service, 1.6 TB bandwidth/month, 166 GB disk space and one year free domain registration for just under $100 with a promi coupon[0] - that's about $50/year.

They have bigger plans, the above is their cheapest option...

If used only for email, they don't count email traffic against monthly total, you can have up to 3,000 email addresses.

Hope this helps,

Lionel

[0] See this link for info on DreamHost (their forum), notice there are numerous discount codes like I used to save about $100 on my website in the signatues of many of the forum posts: http://discussion.dreamhost.com/showflat.pl?Board=curious&Number=76500&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1#Post76500