[geeks] Well, crap ...

Joost van de Griek jvdg at sparcpark.net
Tue Mar 13 11:40:12 CDT 2007

Lionel Peterson wrote:

> One of my favorite Phil Collins [0] quotes (not a big fan,
> but I caught this in an interview years ago, when he was
> flush with "susudio dollars"):
>
> (Paraphrased)"Yeah, it's great being rich, I mean I still go
> to the grocery store to buy the groceries when I'm home, but
> now I don't look at the prices" ;^)

On a similar note, I recall seeing an interview with Eddy Irvine (Irish F1
pilot) on some British breakfast TV show. The presenter kept prodding him
about his salary (he was Ferrari's second driver behind Michael Schumacher at
the time). Eddy consistently refused to name an amount.

So, finally, the presenter started grabbing numbers out of thin air: "a
million a year? Five million?" To which Eddy replied, "fuck, I ain't gettin'
outta bed for that kinda money!"

The look on the presenter's face was literally priceless.

,xtG
tsooJ