[geeks] Well, crap ...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 13 10:44:27 CDT 2007

>From: "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm at mendelson.com>
>Date: 2007/03/13 Tue AM 09:03:52 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Well, crap ...

>On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 08:51:28AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote: >
>
>>Wasn't that one of the plot points in "Brewster's Millions" - a Richard
>> Pryor movie? He had to spend a million dollars and have nothing left,
>> before he could inherit many more millions... It was hard for him to do
>> it, but then again, it was a comedy ;^)
>
>Maybe prices are lower in the U.S., but I could spend $1M at the supermarket.
>:-(
>
>"Yes, I really do want TWO kilo of prime rib"..........

Here in the land of plenty prices are pretty low, in comparison to other places I visited (Canada, Bermuda, Germany, England)...

One of my favorite Phil Collins [0] quotes (not a big fan, but I caught this in an interview years ago, when he was flush with "susudio dollars"):

(Paraphrased)"Yeah, it's great being rich, I mean I still go to the grocery store to buy the groceries when I'm home, but now I don't look at the prices" ;^)

Lionel

[0] Singer/musician, most famous to my children as the music in the Disney Tarzan movie...