[geeks] Well, crap ...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 12 13:47:06 CDT 2007

>From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
>Date: 2007/03/12 Mon PM 12:56:40 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Well, crap ...

>>> So she's holding down seats on three different boards of directors?
>>> Must be nice money if you can get it.
>>
>> Sure, just ask Mr. Powerpoint, Al Gore - he's on (at least) two boards [0], and does quite well, in addition to his trivial (by comparison) pension for life from his prior government jobs...
>
>There are many, many people on multiple corporate boards.  It's not the
>exception, it's the rule.

Agreed, he is just an easy target, having prospered so much from the companies he is on the boards of...

I have no problem with folks being on multiple boards, I even have no problem with Mr Gore making large sums of money from corp boards (I wish everyone could make large amounts of money), he is just a well-known example, and has done unusually well while on the boards of (at least) two companies...

Lionel