[geeks] DST hell

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Mar 11 21:11:17 CDT 2007

Sun, 11 Mar 2007 @ 19:05 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:

> I don't quite understand why you'd need such a thing on Solaris or
> Linux, which have a perfectly functional and usable CLI in the first
> place.

A GUI is a hell of a lot faster for certain classes of file browsing and
manipulation, so it is convienient then.

You use the GUI until it becomes a liability, and then fire off a shell.

Likewise you can use a CLI until it becomes a liability, and just fire
up your favorite GUI file browser wherever you currently are.

Most good UNIX GUI file tools work well with the shell.

--
shannon          | Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny. -- Unknown