[geeks] Well, crap ...

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Sun Mar 11 21:02:33 CDT 2007

Kevin wrote:
> I don't know what you called it (DRM or otherwise) but the 4100 looks for a
> chip on the cartridges that, originally, were only found on the HP
> cartridges, and frequently complains if it doesn't' t find it.  It still
> works with refills, it's just annoying.
>
> Supposedly, the chip is there to give a more accurate indication of when
> the toner is getting low.

Ah, OK.  But if that started with the 4100, which is a later development
of the 4000, then the odds are the 4500 (which came out at the same time
as the 4000) doesn't do it.  And if all it does is intermittently bitch
at me, I can live with that anyway.  I'll just bitch right back at it.  :)

--
 It's not the years, it's the mileage.
 Phil Stracchino              phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220                Mobile: 603-320-5438