[geeks] Need a software builder cluebat, pls

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 19:26:26 CST 2007

On 3/7/07, Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net> wrote:
> On Mar 7, 2007, at 4:52 PM, velociraptor wrote:
>
> I was going to suggest some shell scripts plus ldd but I suppose if
> there is something linked in as static ldd will be of little use.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too.  How do you tell if an executable
is statically or dynamically linked from the command line? 'ldd foo'
resulting in no output means static?

> > And I've confirmed that if I configure PHP to build with minimal
> > options
> > (--with-apxs2="path/to/apxs" --prefix="install/dir"), that libphp5.so
> > does get built.
>
> I think you can export CFLAGS or COPTS before doing any part of the
> build, right?

Not sure what you are asking here.

> Actually my suggestion would be to see if you can use the CentOS 4.4
> for x64,  PHP5 packages.
>
> These are in the "centosplus" repository I believe on centos.org .

Well, I would, but these folks are using a very "optiony" configure line
for PHP.  It builds perfectly fine on the Gentoo boxes (prod!! don't
ask...it's right up there with wildcards in *internal* DNS...), but for some
reason, unbeknownst to me, they are running RHAS 4 in test and want
it built on that.

Maybe someone more clueful about these things can scan my configure
options and tell me where I've gone wrong?  If I were to guess, I'm thinking
openssl, or perhaps soap.  Thoughts?  (I know that the below compiles
as php -i on the Gentoo boxes give these options, though I suppose
I should compare that output closely to the phpinfo script output for
mod_php5.so on a Gentoo box as well, as I haven't done that.)

TIA--
=Nadine=

./configure --without-pear \
--enable-bcmath \
--with-bz2 \
--enable-calendar \
--disable-ctype \
--with-curl \
--enable-dbase \
--disable-exif \
--without-fbsql \
--without-fdftk \
--disable-filepro \
--enable-ftp \
--without-gettext \
--with-gmp \
--disable-hash \
--without-hwapi \
--without-informix \
--disable-ipv6 \
--without-kerberos \
--disable-mbstring \
--with-mcrypt=/opt \
--disable-memory-limit \
--with-mhash \
--without-ming \
--without-msql \
--without-mssql \
--without-ncurses \
--with-openssl \
--disable-pcntl \
--without-pgsql \
--disable-posix \
--without-pspell \
--without-recode \
--disable-reflection \
--disable-shmop \
--without-snmp \
--enable-soap \
--enable-sockets \
--disable-spl \
--without-sybase \
--without-sybase-ct \
--disable-sysvmsg \
--disable-sysvsem \
--disable-sysvshm \
--without-tidy \
--disable-tokenizer \
--disable-wddx \
--disable-xmlreader \
--disable-xmlwriter \
--with-xmlrpc \
--with-xsl \
--with-zlib \
--disable-debug \
--without-cdb \
--without-db4 \
--without-flatfile \
--without-gdbm \
--without-inifile \
--without-qdbm \
--without-freetype-dir \
--without-t1lib \
--disable-gd-jis-conv \
--disable-gd-native-ttf \
--with-jpeg-dir=/opt \
--with-png-dir=/opt \
--without-xpm-dir \
--with-gd \
--with-gd-dir=/opt \
--with-mysql-dir=/opt \
--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config \
--without-pdo-dblib \
--without-pdo-firebird \
--with-pdo-mysql=/usr \
--without-pdo-odbc \
--without-pdo-pgsql \
--without-readline \
--without-libedit \
--without-mm \
--disable-sqlite-utf8 \
--with-apx2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs

(The /opt crap is in there because even if you pass configure the
appropriate lib dirs for x64, it won't use them to build and throws
errors.  Creating links to the lib64 dirs under /opt causes it to work,
so long as you then pass /opt to configure. Wtf, over?)