[geeks] Need a software builder cluebat, pls

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Wed Mar 7 18:07:06 CST 2007

On Mar 7, 2007, at 4:52 PM, velociraptor wrote:

> So, I'm fighting with PHP+Apache on RHAS 4 (x64, even).
>
> It's failing with an error (libphp5.so is not being generated) that
> the PHP
> team says is a bug/feature of libtool:
>
> http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=36852
> "If it works with this configure line, there is no bug:
> rm config.cache ; ./configure --disable-all --with-apxs2
> If that works, there is propably some static library that PHP is linked
> with and then libtool thinks you want the whole thing as static. (this
> is a libtool bug, not PHP bug)"

I was going to suggest some shell scripts plus ldd but I suppose if
there is something linked in as static ldd will be of little use.

> And I've confirmed that if I configure PHP to build with minimal
> options
> (--with-apxs2="path/to/apxs" --prefix="install/dir"), that libphp5.so
> does
> get built.

I think you can export CFLAGS or COPTS before doing any part of the
build, right?

> I've been spinning my wheels for over a day kludging around
> unrecognized
> x64 library locations, resolving dependencies[0] and figuring out how
> manually tweak the Makefile to even get it to accept mod_php as a
> target,
> as it was completely ignoring --with-apxs2 in the configure options.[1]
>
> Cluebats more than welcome, as they have to be less brain-numbing than
> this mess.

Actually my suggestion would be to see if you can use the CentOS 4.4
for x64,  PHP5 packages.

These are in the "centosplus" repository I believe on centos.org .

--Patrick