[geeks] Windows XP 64bit Licensing?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Jun 29 11:57:58 CDT 2007

Michael Dombrowski wrote:
>>> Just wanted to clarify this point... I was a bit
>>> unclear in my original email, should have said
>> that I
>>> cannot use Linux because of the graphics issues
>> and
>>> cannot use Windows XP (32bit) because of the 1gb
>> hole
>>> due to memory mapping of physical devices... Looks
>>> like my choices are either live with 3gb ram and
>> XP
>>> 32bit or Kubuntu and only two monitors... grrr.
>> Why can't you use x64-edition again?
>>
>> Peace...  Sridhar
>
> I can't seem to find a way to legally obtain a version
> (corporate) with sane licensing. Calling up MS every
> time I want to reinstall (very seldom, but still...)
> is not acceptable. Their stupidity amazes me. Although
> maybe is it possible to roll my own install CD without
> the licensing checks... hmmm

I have XP and I never get bothered by license checks.  I completely disabled the
whole rotting mess.

There are all kinds of FAQs to tell you how to do this.

You just have to be careful and not re-install it again later.

Since I disabled "Genuine Advantage", which is the most amazing oxymoron I've
ever heard from Microsoft, my system runs faster, smoother, and more reliably.

That, in addition to being free to use *MY* machine as *I* decided.

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto