[geeks] Modem Sniffer

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 00:18:56 CDT 2007

James Fogg wrote:
>>> The usual tool for this is an RS232 protocol analyzer, and they do
>>> exist.
>> Won't do.  Needs to sniff a phone line, not a serial line.
>

> Yeah, I noticed your mention of it being an onboard modem. Have it call
> an external modem and sniff that serial link.

Yeah.  What I thought of doing is having it call an external modem,
sniffing the serial coming out of the external modem, then passing all
of the data through to another modem communicating to the server.  I
don't have any control over the server.

I had just hoped not to have to kludge all that together.

Peace...  Sridhar