[geeks] Flight simulator 98.CFS1

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Sat Jun 9 15:42:39 CDT 2007

Hi,

It seems the big hit here has been Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator
(the original version). It runs perfectly well on our computers.
My older son had a copy of it but for some reason never installed
or played it.

I'd like to expand it, but almost all of the sites that had expansion
files for it have disapeared or become commercial (enter your credit
card number for access to something, but we won't tell you what) sites.

Searches of the usual bit torrent sites have come up empty.

It also can use Flight Simulator 98 files. At one time there were many
of them, if you do a web search you can find several sights that list
them. Unfortunately, the free ones all point to the same site, which
points to an archive, which points to sites that no longer exist or no
longer have the files.

Does anyone still have any of these files around, or know where to download
them?

There seem to be some available for CFS2 and 3. Are scenery files for
CFS2 or CFS3 playable using CFS1?

Thanks,

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838