[geeks] WANTED: ADT software for Apple IIgs on 3.5" floppy

Geoff Reed geoffr at zipcon.net
Wed Jun 6 13:26:12 CDT 2007

Quoting "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm at mendelson.com>:

> On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 10:28:03AM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix
> wrote:
> >
> > Doesn't happen on my Mac running 7.5.5 and 7.6.1.  I get an option to
> format
> > it in Mac format, and that's it.
>

> Odd, I could have something, I'll try tomorrow with extensions off.
>

> > Are you sure you don't have some extra program installed?
> >
> > I'll play more with it later this week, and try the program I posted.
>

> Sounds good to me, you can always use the file I sent you.
-----

MPE runs on system 7.0 or later and 7.5 and 7.5.3 include it (although I think
you may have to specify it in the install or activate it before you get the
option in the 'Erase Disk' dialog or format an unreadable disk dialog.

Macintosh PC Exchange, when installed lets you ...

Formatting Disks
Formatting erases all data on a disk. Be sure the disk you want to format doesnt
contain information you need. Click on the disk icon once to select it, and then
choose Erase Disk from the Special menu. A format pop-up menu includes these

Standard Macintosh format
Formats high-density disks at 1440K, and low-density disks at 800K.

PC-DOS format
Formats high-density disks at 1440K, and low-density disks at 720K.

Apple II ProDOS disks
Formats 400K, 800K, or 1.4MB 3.5 inch Apple II ProDOS disks.