[geeks] Microsoft Surface...

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 14:06:52 CDT 2007

On 4 Jun 2007, at 17:48, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Doug McLaren wrote:
>> Is there anything wrong with that?
> There's nothing wrong with that, no.  On the other hand, there's been
> several occasions on which Microsoft surreptitiously stole a piece of
> software technology, then sued the company that actually invented
> it to
> try to intimidate them into turning over the rights (or bankrupt them
> under Microsoft's deep pockets).

THAT and that alone is reason to have beef against Microsoft, and I
do agree that is not ethical nor is it practice I codone. Don't get
me wrong I have plenty I don't like about Microsoft, some of their
software is sub-standard for starters. The point is that they get an
unfair press because they are in the public eye all the time. We've
seen plenty of US corporations do much worse and get away with less
than a sliver of the coverage Microsoft get in a year...

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>