[geeks] Google Images Facial Recognition!

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 4 05:45:13 CDT 2007

>From: wa2egp at att.net
>Date: 2007/06/03 Sun PM 09:26:31 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Google Images Facial Recognition!

<snip>

>I know there was a "problem" with profiling in NJ.  I know I couldn't be a state
>cop.  I couldn't determine the sex of someone in a car 300 ft in front of me,
>much less the ethnic group.  It wouldn't be as much as an issue if the state
>police had cameras in their cars.  Now you don't hear much about it.  Either
>the cops aren't doing it because they are on camera or the claims about it
>have lessened because claimants are on camera.  See if you can find the
>(hopefully) independent study that was done for the state on profiling.  The
>results was not released since (supposdly) they were not PC.

Bob,

You don'thear anymore about it because the folks complaining got their pound of flesh - the Head Trooper was forced to resign, the matter ws investigated, the troopers said they wouldn't do it ever again, and they now issue quarterly reports verifying that they only stop an "appropriate" number/ration of minority drivers in comparison to non-minority drivers.

The troopers rolled over Big Time.

Lionel