[geeks] Second Life is not a game?

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Tue Jul 31 17:00:52 CDT 2007

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:20:26 -0400, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 23:54 +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> > They are concentrating on the PS/3 market which to me seems hardly
> > worth it, how many people are going to pay them money to run Linux
> > on a PS/3?
>
> Anyone who can't afford a $17,000 Mercury Cell Accelerator cards, or
> the unknown price IBM Cell blades?
>
> That sure would be a niche market, but it may be a good way to get a

Given one of their customers is Boeing (for a flight simulator),
they seem to be spending a fair amount of time on HPC computing, and
assisted in implementing the 15th machine on the top-500 supercomputer
list, I'd say their foot is well over the threshold.

They may be a bit stealthy but they don't seem that small.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 Most politicians think that "ethics" is a county in the south of